Thursday, March 12, 2009

Make Work Pay Credit

I am SOOO excited...I got my first paycheck today with the "Make Work Pay" credit in it. How much will I get, ooh ooh, I can't wait to tear open that envelope. (tear, rip, shuffle)

Hang on, I thought we were supposed to get some extra money! Let's look a little closer- compare it to last couple of weeks checks...

Hey there it is! $10.23! Ten dollars and 23 cents. TEN DOLLARS AND TWENTY THREE CENTS!! What good is TEN BUCKS going to do for stimulating the economy? TEN bucks is equivalent to 25 cents an hour!

Barack, what makes you think that TEN DOLLARS a week is going to help me in this tight economy?

This soooo disappointing. Ten freaking bucks. What will I ever spend it on? (rolls eyes) Not enough to buy a car, not enough to fill up my gas tank, not enough to make a minimum credit card payment, and not enough to even pay the paper boy.

$10. Hmm, what can you get for ten bucks?
9 items from the Dollar Store. (don't forget sales tax!)
A really expensive coconut.
40 gumballs.
Couple gallons of gas and a soda.
Half of a lap dance.
High cholesterol, if you spend it on the Value Menu at McDonald's.
Cheap beer.
Rent a couple of movies.

Oh well. I'm gonna have think long and hard how I'm going to spend this windfall.

10 bucks...well it is ten more dollars than I had before. Yeah that's it!! I have $10 dollars more this week than I had last week! That $10 may just come in handy...

No comments: