Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Judas Priest...

I went to the Judas Priest concert in Champaign, Illinois on Tuesday, Sep. 27, 2005. Anthrax was the opening act.
I have been a fan of Judas Priest since the late 70's, and have seen them in concert several times. I have alot of photos and autographs, and I finally got all of Judas Priest (including Tim "Ripper" Owens, fmr. lead singer) to autograph my motorcycle license plate.

I got there in time to see Rob Halford get off the bus, but he just slipped on inside without even looking at us.
The show was pretty good, Anthraz was OK, as I'm not very familiar with their music. I noticed Rob didn't interact with the crown like he used to, but later in the show he did better at "playing the crowd".

Afterwards, I waited and got the Metal God's autograph and some pics. Rob was very gracious and polite, quite soft spoken and carried on brief conversation with the small group of fans who waited to see them. I will post more pics of them later, but here is my license plate with Ian Hill (bass) Scott Travis (drums) K.K. Downing (guitar) Glen Tipton (guitar) Tim "Ripper" Owens (fmr. lead singer) and Rob Halford (lead singer).

No comments: